Why You Can't Afford To Go Without Social Media Marketing
In an increasingly tech-savvy world, social media has weaved itself into our lives in ways we would never have thought possible. Just as it has provided opportunities like never before to connect with one another, it has also provided a brand new platform on which to market your business. The more it grows in popularity, the greater the need for businesses to take part will become.
Let’s be honest, in many ways, social media is the new “getting up in the morning and reading the paper.” For most people, they start off each day opening up one of the many platforms and scrolling through photos and videos and status updates, completely inundated with likes, comments, and shares.
It has only grown since it first started, and it hasn’t shown signs of slowing down, which is why many companies have seen it as an opportunity to promote themselves on a whole other platform.
Some businesses, however, tend to see it as expendable, a side of marketing that won’t really have an effect on their profitability at large. But in reality, avoiding social media could be holding you back from gaining customers.
Is Your Targeted Audience On Social Media? Survey Says, Yes
Some business owners are reluctant to try and build a social media presence due to the idea that it will be a vain effort. In fact, according to one study, nearly 40% of small businesses do not use social media as part of their marketing.
Maybe they tried in the past and didn’t receive the results they expected, and therefore came to the conclusion that their audience must not be there. Or maybe they found more business through simple word of mouth rather than through likes, comments, and shares.
Whatever the reason, many businesses don’t operate on social media due to the notion that their audience simply isn’t active there. But in actuality, the statistics might just say otherwise:
- Studies are showing that as of 2022, 3.96 billion people globally use at least one social media platform. That is 1.1 billion more than were using it in 2017. And there are estimations that there will be as many as 4.41 users by 2025. This tells us that your target audience is most likely to be found among those numbers.
- Reports have been showing that roughly two-thirds (68%) of adults in the U.S. are Facebook users. According to Backlinko.com just over 46% of smartphone users in the U.S. are active on Instagram.
- Speaking of Facebook, 70% of “business-to-consumer” marketers found customers because of that platform.
- What’s more, an astounding 84% of people ages 18-29 are social media users, 81% for those aged 30-49, an impressive 73% for those aged 50-64, and still an impressive 45% for those aged 65 and older.
Reluctance to market your brand on social media might just be holding you back from discovering (or being discovered by) some of your potentially most loyal customers.
What Social Media Marketing Can Do For You
In the case of promoting your business on social media, the rewards outweigh the risks. You stand a lot to gain from making a name for your business on these platforms.
Larger Potential For Sales
Platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and more have grown increasingly popular for those in the market for just about anything. Businesses that use these platforms to their advantage have been surprised by the results.
- Statistics show that 78% of salespeople who use social media for marketing outsell those who don’t.
- Meanwhile, 73% of marketers view selling on social media as anywhere from “somewhat effective” to “very effective” for their businesses.
- Overall, over 50% of browsers utilize social media when researching products, often browsing through a company’s feed when deciding to buy
Promoting your company on social media will give potential customers a chance to connect and help foster the connection needed to compel them to buy.
Helps Turns Your Business Into A Recognizable Brand
Think about your favorite brands, ones that you instantly recognize without even needing it explicitly spoken. Social media has the potential to help your company get on the path towards that point. While this does take some time (even Coca-Cola didn’t become a household name overnight), it is worth investing the time in.
Keep in mind that there is a difference between marketing and branding. Marketing is about presenting offers to customers in order to generate sales. Branding, on the other hand, is how the company itself is presented. The marketing presents the products, the branding concerns itself with the logos, fonts, and designs that make the company recognizable.
Social media is a great landscape for building a brand, especially since so many platforms are deeply connected with photos and video. This is an amazing opportunity to create posts that will build potential customers’ familiarity with you.
Helps You Provide Responsive Customer Service
The key to social media marketing is being personal, and this technique will cost you 30 seconds of your time. Your audience are real people with problems that need solutions from companies like yours – so make sure they feel valued by answering their questions in a prompt and engaging way!
Here are some tips:
- We all know that customers are more likely to leave a positive review if they feel like their questions were answered quickly and efficiently. So don't get caught up in the moment, take care of those who left you feedback or asked you questions by replying within 24 hours.
- The average response time from businesses on Facebook, according to popular website Social Stamina, is just over 24 hours. But get this: a giant 85% of customers expect a response within 6 hours.
- On Instagram, 78% of users prefer to return to business pages that are more active. The usual recommendation is to respond within 24 hours.
Make Social Media A Part Of Your Marketing Strategy With XYZ
To be successful on social media, you need to create posts that will encourage people and make them interested in your business. It takes time and effort to make this process work we would be lying if we said it was easy.
But what if there was a way to have all of this content, without requiring you to spend all of that time and effort? Well you can with XYZ Marketing. We know the importance of building your brand on social media, which is why you can have an expert working hard to consistently produce quality content that your followers want to see. Meanwhile, you can focus on improving your business, knowing that there is one less thing on your plate.
Sounds pretty good, right? Here’s how you can get started: Contact us today. We would love to meet with you and develop a marketing strategy tailor fit to your business’s unique needs. You will have a full-time marketing team in your corner, searching for your customers, and creating content that we can direct to them.
Go with XYZ today. We are your next level in marketing.
Leave a Reply