In an increasingly tech-savvy world, social media has weaved itself into our lives in ways we would never have thought possible. Just as it has provided opportunities like never before to connect with one another, it has also provided a brand new platform on which to market your business. s its popularity soars, businesses must recognize the imperative of engaging in social media marketing.
Let’s be honest, in many ways, social media is the new “getting up in the morning and reading the paper.” For most people, they start off each day opening up one of the many platforms and scrolling through photos, videos, and status updates, completely inundated with likes, comments, and shares.
It has only grown since it first started, and it hasn’t shown signs of slowing down, which is why many companies have seen it as an opportunity to promote themselves on a whole other platform.
Some businesses, however, tend to see it as expendable, a side of marketing that won’t really have an effect on their overall profitability. But in reality, avoiding social media could be holding you back from gaining customers.
Is Your Target Audience On Social Media? Survey Says: Yes
Certain business owners resist engaging in social media marketing, fearing it might be fruitless. Surprisingly, almost 40% of small businesses avoid using social media in their marketing efforts, as per a study.
Perhaps past attempts yielded underwhelming outcomes, leading to the assumption that their audience isn’t present. Alternatively, they might have acquired more business through word of mouth than through likes and shares.
Regardless of the rationale, some businesses abstain from social media under the assumption that their audience lacks activity there. Yet, the statistics might tell a different story:
- Studies are showing that as of 2022, 3.96 billion people globally will use at least one social media platform. That is 1.1 billion more than we used in 2017. And there are estimates that there will be as many as 4.41 users by 2025. This tells us that your target audience is most likely to be found among those numbers.
- Reports have been showing that roughly two-thirds (68%) of adults in the U.S. are Facebook users. According to Backlinko.com just over 46% of smartphone users in the U.S. are active on Instagram.
- Speaking of Facebook, 70% of “business-to-consumer” marketers found customers because of that platform.
- What’s more, an astounding 84% of people ages 18–29 are social media users, 81% of those aged 30-49, an impressive 73% of those aged 50–64, and still an impressive 45% of those aged 65 and older.
Underestimating the power of social media marketing could hinder you from connecting with your most loyal customers. Embrace it to unlock new opportunities.
What Social Media Marketing Can Do For You
When considering social media marketing for your business, the potential rewards surpass the risks. Building your business’s presence on these platforms offers significant advantages you can’t afford to miss.
Larger Potential For Sales
Platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and more have grown increasingly popular for those in the market for just about anything. Businesses that use these platforms to their advantage have been surprised by the results.
- Statistics show that 78% of salespeople who use social media for marketing outsell those who don’t.
- Meanwhile, 73% of marketers view selling on social media as anywhere from “somewhat effective” to “very effective” for their businesses.
- Overall, over 50% of browsers utilize social media when researching products, often browsing through a company’s feed when deciding to buy
Promoting your company on social media will give potential customers a chance to connect and help foster the connection needed to compel them to buy.
Helps Turn Your Business Into A Recognizable Brand
Consider your favorite brands—ones that are instantly recognizable without explicit mention. Social media marketing can guide your company toward that level of recognition. While it takes time (even Coca-Cola didn’t achieve instant renown), the investment is valuable.
Distinguish between marketing and branding. Marketing presents offers to drive sales, while branding shapes how the company appears. Marketing showcases products; branding focuses on logos, fonts, and designs for recognition.
Social media provides an ideal canvas for branding, particularly as many platforms revolve around visuals. Leverage this chance to craft posts that familiarize potential customers with your brand.
Helps You Provide Responsive Customer Service
The key to social media marketing is being personal, and this technique will cost you 30 seconds of your time. Your audience is real people with problems that need solutions from companies like yours, so make sure they feel valued by answering their questions in a prompt and engaging way!
Here are some tips:
- We all know that customers are more likely to leave a positive review if they feel like their questions were answered quickly and efficiently. So don’t get caught up in the moment; take care of those who left you feedback or asked you questions by replying within 24 hours.
- The average response time from businesses on Facebook, according to popular website Social Stamina, is just over 24 hours. But get this: a giant 85% of customers expect a response within 6 hours.
- On Instagram, 78% of users prefer to return to business pages that are more active. The usual recommendation is to respond within 24 hours.
Make Social Media A Part Of Your Marketing Strategy With XYZ
To be successful on social media, you need to create posts that will encourage people and make them interested in your business. It takes time and effort to make this process work, and we would be lying if we said it was easy.
But what if there was a way to have all of this content, without requiring you to spend all of that time and effort? Well, you can with XYZ Marketing. We know the importance of building your brand on social media, which is why you can have an expert work hard to consistently produce quality content that your followers want to see. Meanwhile, you can focus on improving your business, knowing that there is one less thing on your plate.
Sounds pretty good, right? Here’s how you can get started: Contact us today. We would love to meet with you and develop a marketing strategy tailor fit to your business’s unique needs. You will have a full-time marketing team in your corner, searching for your customers, and creating content that we can direct to them.
Go with XYZ today. We are your next level in marketing.