4 Ways To Maximize Your Social Media Marketing
Let’s be real, it can sometimes feel impossible to get noticed on social media. So many people are using it, and when you do, you get a maximum of 10 likes… and most of those are from your relatives or old high school buddies. It’s usually around that time that the classic question starts to slip in, “Why bother?” Here’s why: Because it is possible, if you go about it the right way.
In 2021, the average person spent 142 minutes (over 2 hours!) on social media per day. For many people, it is the modern equivalent of waking up and reading the newspaper. If you’re like most Americans, you start your morning by reaching for your phone and scrolling through Instagram or Facebook or one of those other apps. But what if when people opened their feed, they found a picture of your company?
Here are ways to improve your chances of reaching the clients that are going to like, click, share, and (most importantly) buy.
Optimize Your Profiles
They say you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, but it’s important to put your best foot forward all the same. Because, often, a person will judge the quality of a business by the state of its social media profiles.
Getting started on boosting the quality of your social media is not difficult. There are simple steps you can take to improve your profile in order to get better results from potential clientele:
- Make sure your brand name is clear. People need to be able to find you, and if they can’t because your social media handle is different than your actual business name, then they’re going to give up trying.
- Pay attention to the quality of your profile picture. Nobody wants to see a grainy or blurred photo or logo as the face of your company. Make the effort to use a clear and quality pic so that you can show that you are proud of who you are.
- Give people a place to buy. In your bio, include a link to your company website. You want to give them a way to get to that “buy now” button and it’s easier to hit a link than it is to get out of the app, open the browser, type it in, then hit enter. The less effort you can ask of potential customers, the more easily they will buy.
Don't Ignore New Features
Social media platforms are constantly evolving. Take Instagram for example – at first, you had the option of posting either photo or video, but then stories became a thing, then “carousels,” then IGTV videos, then Reels. Now, the platform is very different from when it started, offering many more features than it used to.
Shunning these new features of social media lowers your chances, if anything, of being found. Instead, you should be taking full advantage of them.
Social media platforms obviously want people using their new features. Therefore, their algorithms (the system by which they decide how much your page is shown) prioritize pages that use them.
The rule of thumb is that when a platform releases a new feature, explore it, get to know it, and brainstorm how you can incorporate it into your content. The more readily you embrace it, the more you can get on the forefront of the wave of users picking it up.
Your Customers Are Real People. Treat Them That Way
This is one of the simplest but most effective social media marketing techniques you can take to heart, and at most it will cost 30 seconds of your time. Your audience are real people with real questions and real problems that you, as a company, are setting out to solve.
There are many factors taken into account by social media platforms when deciding how much you should be shown to your followers. One of the most major determining bits of criteria is how much people engage with you. In other words, the more people like, comment, and share your posts, the more the platform will see, “Oh, people want to see this,” and the more exposure you will receive.
One of the number one ways to encourage that kind of engagement is to engage in return.
- If somebody comments on your post, respond within 24 hours. The majority of consumers expect a fast response time.
- The average company response time on Facebook, according to Social Stamina, is just over 24 hours. However, an exponential 85% of customers expect a response within 6 hours.
- With Instagram, 78% of users are more inclined to turn to business pages that are more active. The general recommendation? Respond within an hour.
To encourage more commenting, incorporate a question into your response. (i.e. “Hey, we’re so glad you had great service! Was there anything in particular that you enjoyed?” You’ll make them feel like you really care about what they have to say.
Call Them To Action
You can tell your audience about all the benefits of your product, but if you don’t call them to take action, they’re not going to move. Any professional marketer will tell you the exact same.
You could be a company that makes the world’s best mittens, and you can totally do a post talking about how warm and fluffy they are, or how the sleek aerodynamic shape won’t inhibit your snowball throwing abilities, or something like that. But here's the deal: Your audience is going to read that and think, “That’s great… So what?”
Remember, be bold about calls to action. This is where you’re telling your customers how to get the product that is going to change their life:
- “Buy now!”
- “Schedule an appointment today!”
- “Start your free trial!”
- “You can find the link in my bio!” (That’s an especially popular one with social media. Just make sure that link in your bio actually has to do with the post.)
You want people to buy, don’t you? The truth is, even if they want to, they will not until you tell them how.
Maximize Your Ogden Utah Social Media Marketing With XYZ
We get it. You’ve got a business to run and it doesn’t feel that way if you’re scrolling through social media. So don’t. XYZ is proud to offer you social media management so that you can focus fully on other areas of your business.
You can rest easy knowing that you’ll be getting consistent posting that makes the most of social media’s algorithms in order to give you a fighting chance at being noticed. Leave the liking, commenting, and sharing to us. All you have to worry about is taking care of your new clients.
Contact XYZ today to make social media a part of your marketing strategy.