Comprehensive SEO Marketing guide to grow your business in 20
Stay ahead of the game with our guide on how to win with SEO marketing in 2023. From understanding the latest algorithms to creating a comprehensive content strategy, we'll show you how to drive more traffic and increase visibility.
SEO is a non-negotiable if you want your website to be seen by… well, anyone. But it is also constantly evolving, and can get really confusion. We get that. That’s why we’re coming at you with important things to keep in mind when optimizing your website with search engine optimization. From making the most of keywords, to generating helpful content, to making sure you’re running with a good neighborhood, here are ways you can win with SEO.
SEO Marketing for business growth - Step-by-Step
Make The Best Use Of Your Keywords
Search engine optimization, or SEO, is the process of improving the visibility of a website in search engine results pages. One important part of SEO is using the right keywords throughout your site, in order to signal to search engines what certain pages are about. Without keywords, it would be very difficult for people to find your site when they are searching for information online.
Google, in particular, relies heavily on keywords when determining which sites to show in its search results. That's why it's so important to include relevant keywords on your website if you want to rank high in Google's search results.
It goes something like this:
- A person will ask a question on a search engine. With or without realizing it, they were using keywords when asking.
- The search engine hears what the person is asking, then scours the internet to find the websites that most closely answer that question (i.e. the posts that most clearly and deeply expound upon said keywords).
- Those websites are then ranked how well they answer these questions (with other factors like authority and traffic being taken into account) and presented to the searcher.
Refusing to use keywords is like being on a deserted island with a box full of flares, but instead trying to get a ship’s attention by just waving your hands.
When It Comes To Keywords, More Is Not Always Better
You know what they say, too much of a good thing…
Keywords are great, and essential for climbing the ranks of SEO. But that does not mean that the best strategy is to stuff a page full of keywords and let it do the work, right?
The truth? Not so much.
SEO is also a complex and ever-changing field, which makes it difficult to know how many keywords you should use. If you use too many keywords, your content will be difficult to read and you will be penalized by search engines. On the other hand, if you don't use enough keywords, your content will be buried in the search results. The key is to find a balance between the two. In general, aim for a keyword density of about 1-2%. This will ensure that your content is SEO-friendly and easy to read.
Content Is King
There are many SEO tactics that you can use to dominate your niche, but it’s important not just focus on keyboards. You also need well-written content that actually answers the questions people are asking! Otherwise all those seeds will dry out before anything grows – and this wastes both time and money.
Google is all about making information accessible. In fact, their mission statement is “to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful.” This means that when they are determining which sites will rank higher and lower, just having keywords without good writing isn't enough. You need to be able answer questions with specific answers with in-depth and well-researched information. The better you can elaborate, the better your chances of ranking higher.
So how can you win with content?
- Be clear and direct, answering the question quickly. But also make sure you elaborate and expand upon it. The average length is around 1,000+ words per post, but some can stretch 2,000 to even 6,000 words.
- Be entertaining, and have fun with it. But don’t sound so much like a novel that your readers are left thinking, “Where was the answer to my question in all that fluff?”
Stay In Good Neighborhoods
You know the phrase, “You’re most like the 5 people you spend the most time with?” When it comes to web-pages, that phrase holds true and it can have an effect on your ranking.
Those sites you link to become the “neighborhood” where your website will live. The more authoritative the other sites, the better the neighborhood that Google will come to associate you with.
Forbes revealed two things that Google will take into account when it comes to the pages you link to:
- Whether or not your links are associated with the content you’re producing.
- How high quality or authoritative the sites are that you’re linking to.
You definitely want the pages you’ve linked to relate to the content you’re writing about. Believe it or not, Google will actually look into that, and if it sees that the page you’re drawing from actually supports the point you’re trying to make, then that’s bonus points for you. If not, it looks like spamming.
So how do you make sure you’re in good neighborhoods? Don’t worry, it’s not difficult:
- Audit your pages on SEO platforms. Usually these come with features that will indicate toxic pages you’ve been linking to and subsequently damaging your own ranks.
- When writing articles and blog posts, link to well-known authoritative sites. Forbes, Bloomberg, Inc., among others. Find the authorities in your field and use them as your sources. They are long-established, distinguished, and healthy.
- Keep in mind not to go overboard on the links. Too many and search engines will think you’re a spammer and will penalize you by sending you further down the ranks. While there’s no specifically stated ideal number, settle for an average of around 5 (give or take a couple).
XYZ Are Your Local Ogden SEO Experts
Here’s the thing about SEO: it takes work to maintain. Search engine optimization is an ever-evolving field, and lots of time goes into making sure that you are dealing with the most up-to-date information. Putting in that work can help you climb the ranks of search engines. Falling behind can cause you to drop.
But what if you didn’t have to be the one to do that work? What if you didn’t have to take that time out of your day, while still maintaining the peace of mind that your SEO is covered?
With XYZ Marketing, we can do that for you. We staff SEO experts who make it their mission to constantly make sure that your website is maximizing from search engine optimization.
Ready to get started? Contact us today. We can schedule a time to meet and talk about how you can benefit from our local Ogden SEO services.
Go with XYZ. We are your next level.